Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2024

Sabbatical Soundings

 

2024 sees a period of Sabbatical for me. This amounts to three months of Extended Study leave during which time we are encouraged to pray, rest, read, travel and taking time away from the demands of our ministry to be refreshed and resourced. For me, the timing is perfect. My current role has changed considerably over the time that I have been in post (7 years) and has expanded to proportions that were not envisaged when I took on the role.

I'm tired and need a break. I also need time to envisage a different way of working - I can't continue with 60+ hour weeks that leave little time or energy for anything else. So that's what I'm hoping for.

But I'm hugely grateful to the very talented team in the parish of churchwardens, PCC members, and ministry team who will be holding the fort and also to the lovely friends and colleagues who are covering Sunday worship. It was no small undertaking to find cover for three churches for three months, and I'm enormously grateful to everyone who is helping out. I have no doubt that the parish will enjoy hearing them preach and receiving their ministry.

So there may be a few posts to help me reflect on what's been going on, and to share some of my musings. Some of them will be after the event since I have periods of time when I am without internet access (imagine!!!)

Let's see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment